Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

It was a beautiful day and I felt like cooking!
I mean, you've got to have something festive
for Halloween dinner, right?
 So I decided to try this new pumpkin soup recipe.
 I needed to get the squash, pumpkin, and sweet potatoes {yams} roasting.
 Then I started on the pumpkin tiramisu that Paige sent
me the recipe for a month ago.
 Start with the lady fingers drizzled with maple syrup - sans bourbon of course!
(sounds Halloweeny - no?) 
Then layer the pumpkin filling and top with mascarpone cheese.
While that chilled out in the fridge
the squash/pumpkin/yam bake finished up in the oven.
 My house smelled soooooo good!
 Here is a shot of the squash/pumpkin/yam mash.
This is the finished product and it was very good!
Mom liked it!
The tiramisu was good but I may try dipping the lady fingers in
hot chocolate and drizzling Nutella on it next time!
 I had to put in our favorite garden gnomes
 and Minnie Mouse (check out the sparkly shoes)!
 Here are our cute pumpkins!
 Happy Halloween 2011!

1 comment:

  1. i've never been more jealous than i am right now. including the time you went to nyc and prague. you guys are great and i love you.

    ReplyDelete