Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Squash Anyone?

 Each spring I get so excited to plant my squash!
(I stole this picture from here and hope Roxanne doesn't mind ~ isn't it cute!)
I wait breathlessly for our first little summer squash to appear.
We love to eat them steamed when they are young and tender,
but then the plants start looking like this.
By this time the squash goes from young and tender to
huge in about 24 hours!
 Until I have more than I ever know what to do with!
Last week I found this post on my very talented niece's blog
and made her Zucchini Bread recipe.
These muffins were a big hit and I made another batch yesterday.
In my search for something to do with
my abundance of zucchini I found this recipe
 and they are yummy!
  
And I already have more zucchini in the freezer
 to make more cookies and muffins!
 So your question may be
 What are you making your family for dinner?
Why squash casserole
of course!!!

3 comments:

  1. i love this post. and i love squash. i am my mother's daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I feel famous! :) I am still delighted you love the Zucchini bread as much as we do! I think we will have to try these cookies very soon! Tonight we did Squash Pizza and it was pretty good! I also love your basket for squash so fun!

    ReplyDelete