Friday, July 25, 2014

Life went on/SFF the 2nd

Meanwhile, back at the ranch . . . 
life did go on while we did our yard.
For instance, I made this fruit pizza for dessert one Sunday.
And attended a family yard sale where I bought
the cutest little telephone table.
We also celebrated Mark's birthday some more
With John and Priscilla!
We also enjoyed the annual Taylorsville Dayzz Parade.
Taylorsville Dayzz has the best fireworks in the land
 so we watch them two nights.

And felt no need to see a show on the 4th of July.
So we went to Evanston, Wyoming,
to get the makings of our own show!
So on our 4th of July we had a full schedule.
We started with breakfast at The Original Pancake House
in Sugarhouse. Then we went to Mom's house to swim.
She joined us, however, she only wanted to play games on her ipad.
Then we went up Millcreek Canyon for a little hot dog roast.
"I made fire!"
"I love cherries."
"I made salad."
Mom, Priscilla, Mark, Lynn, Courtney and Paige
This is Courtney with her hot dog stick.
Years ago I bought these darling hot dog sticks at Swiss Days
and we have loved and used them for so long.
They are getting up there in years and have started 
breaking so I wanted to get a picture of them to keep forever!
The best part about hot dog roasts - are of course the s'mores!
But they are best when one does not burn the marshmallow.
Even Mom wanted to get in some roasting action.
If you ever look at this blog you will know,
that we always need to take some silly pictures!
Then our favorite little girls joined us for our firework show.
Maya, Paige & Jadyn
Here is Courtney lighting some of our fireworks.
Then we had a special visit from Jared and Nicole
and baby Amelia!
 I forgot to post this cute picture taken on our sod laying day
of Paige, John and Mark.
And just one more for good measure.
This is of my messiness after a day of sod laying.
 
 The morning after we cleaned up and went to
 We also had such a great time at a party where
all of Mark's siblings were in one place at one time.
All 11 kids!
Barbara, John, David, Priscilla, Peggy, Linda,
Lynn, Mark, Michael, Chris, and Susan
 Here is one of everyone who came to the party.
 On July 23rd when I got to work I found this on my desk.
A homemade chocolate croissant that my boss made and brought
in as a birthday treat for me!
The other day I saw these great
candles that represented four of the cities we are
planning on visiting next year.
It was so exciting
I had to take a picture of the candles!

Well there is still more summer to go so maybe there will be
a SFF the 3rd!

1 comment:

  1. So much fun! You have been busy! I think I want to hide away in your luggage (or be adopted) so I can come see those cities with you next year! ;) What a great trip to be planning.

    ReplyDelete